The Top Lawyer or Best Lawyer in Columbus Ohio, for your family law Case, can be found if you consider the following tips:
1. If you have friends or co- workers, who have been through a divorce or dissolution or custody case, then listen to what they have to say about their lawyer AND what they have to say about the lawyer from the other side.
2. Don't trust the "order of appearance" in lists when you search for attorneys in the internet. That order can be influenced by advertising, and by spammed links which fool the search engines into "thinking" that the attorney has a large amount of "traffic" and therefore must be popular and therefore must be good. Being first on the list which appears, in a search, could even be a result of "negative" publicity leading to multiple searches. Go beyond the advertised sites.
3. Do trust ratings from services such as Martindale-Hubble © and Lawyers. Com © where ratings and reviews are based upon the opinions of judges, other attorneys in the area, and former clients of an attorney.
4. Review the websites and blogs of any attorney you are considering. What types of cases has the attorney had in the past? What are his/her areas of practice? Does the attorney practice in many areas (a general practice such as criminal, real estate, landlord-tenant) or concentrate practice in the family law, divorce, dissolution, child custody and support areas?
5. Check into rates. Remember though that a newer attorney, charging "only" $150 per hour, may take three hours (and thus $450) to accomplish what the more experienced attorney can get done in one hour at $300 per hour. The attorney with the "lower rate" may end up being more costly, in the long run, than the attorney with the "higher" rate. Consideration of the above will help you find the Top Lawyer, Best Lawyer for your divore in Columbus, Ohio or anywhere you may be searching.
Recognized for excellence in the area of family law, Attorney Geary has been listed in the bar register of preeminent lawyers each year since 1999 William Geary, is a recipient of Martindale-Hubbell's highest rating, AV* for outstanding legal ability and ethical standards which he has held for over 15 years. William Geary has also been bestowed with the Client Distinction Award - from Martindale-Hubbell®, an honor has been made possible by clients who have taken the time to compliment him in the following areas:
✓ Communications Ability
✓ Quality of Service
✓ Value for Money
Results were compiled and Mr. Geary earned a Client Review Rating Score of 4.5 or higher on a scale of 1-5. Less than 4% of the 900,000+ attorneys listed on martindale.com and lawyers.com have been accorded this Martindale-Hubbell honor of distinction.